Altranz is looking for a Dispatch Manager to join our Hamilton-based freight and logistics company.
- Experience in the transport freight and logistics industry
- Extensive computer skills a must
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
Coordinating our fleet of 25+ trucks, you will be able to prioritise tasks and be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail. This is a busy role and requires a hands-on approach.
This is a 100% family-owned business, and you’ll report directly to the business owners. Based in our Frankton office, you will have strong computer skills and be able to work proficiently in excel.
Dealing with customer queries via phone and email, you will be an excellent communicator.
With customer service your main priority, you’ll go above and beyond for our clients and exceed their expectations.
Experience in the transport, freight and logistics industry is a must. Reporting directly to the business owner, prior experience working for a medium-sized family business will also be an advantage.
- Managing our fleet operations including cartage from port to our customers.
- Dispatching jobs to trucks through in-cab technology
- HPMV Compliance
- Route efficiency
- Overseeing our drivers
- Confirming start times
- Booking accommodation
- Providing driver support
- Ensuring logbook compliance
- Resolving customer enquiries, complaints and consignment issues.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Work experience in transport logistics and freight
- Knowledge of NZ road network and NZ truck regulations
- Experience dealing with customer issues
- Relationship building skills
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Strong computer skills including excel
- Strong communication skills
- Good record keeping ability
- Sound knowledge of Altranz and our customers
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- To be a permanent resident or NZ citizen eligible to work and live in New Zealand
What’s in it for you?
Very competitive remuneration package, a supportive and friendly employer, a fun team to work with and opportunity to grow.
If this sounds like you, apply with a cover letter and CV online here.
Or check out our Tradem Listing #: 3065473998
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST ALREADY BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK AND LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND TO APPLY.